Wednesday, 12 March 2014

The Start of a new year

School. It's a place that people go everyday to learn and learn. But is just that. No. Definitely not. It's much more than that as I found out on my first day of high school. Starting year 7 was different to what I thought it would be, like a portal to transport you to a new world, the real world. Where you have to pull your own weight just to get through it. A truckload of assignments and homework was given, and I was as clueless as can be.

The school was is like a huge community full of all different people, with a variety of opinions, but all go there for a specific purpose, to learn and learn and learn. Walking halfway around the world just to get to class, and teachers always explaining so fast. When was anything going to slow down? Never. Everything seemed so continuous and ongoing, I felt the world just revolved around school. But then you realise that everything happens for a reason, and life would be boring if there wasn't some challenges. Some things, even started to become fun. In P.E we got to go down to the beach and build sandcastles, whoevers could stay standing up, without someone else coming and knocking it over, and cooking our own dishes in the kitchen for tech. By overcoming difficult things it will be better for you, and this is what I found when I entered year 8. I felt more confident, I knew where I was going, and I had some friends. Everything wasn’t as bad as I thought and I survived my first year of high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment